Monday, June 11, 2007

My North Dakota Family


Hi,
Today I'm going to be talking about my North Dakota family. In North Dakota I enjoyed baking sweet rolls with my great aunt Garene. I also liked braiding things with Hayden and Conner. That was fun.















But what was even more fun was riding the quad! My great uncle Roy had one. He would ride up front with someone, someone would ride on the back bars, and great uncle Roy would attach a rope to a calf sled and the rope to the back bars. Two people could sit on the sled. That was the funnest thing we did there!
My little brother Jeff loved Tractors, and uncle Todd has lots. It was so cool! He even gave us a ride in his combine. Uncle Todd gave Jeff a mini John Deere Tractor that used to be his. Jeff loved that. He still has it now!














One night we played with firecrackers while uncle Todd and Mike got the fireworks ready. While they worked we ran with the firecrackers, waving them. (We also roasted marshmellows for s]mores.) until they were ready. When they were ready we got chairs and blankets to sit on. Then the show began. They started with just a few wonderful ones but after the few good ones something scary happened. One of the pipes fell over and knocked over all the others right when they shot off! Thank God no one was seriously hurt. Alex got hit on the chin, after it bounced off Papa's knee, and Hayden's coat ended up having a black hole on it. And again thank God that no one was hurt. It was still a lot of fun! Emma

2 comments:

Seven's Heaven said...

I love to hear about what's important to you. Especially because it's people! Thanks for making lunch for us today. You're so thoughtful. Mom

emma claire said...

Hi Emma-it's Emma
I love your blog!